Rich in antioxidants, protein and fiber, this small but powerful fruit fights cholesterol and heart disease, also the leaves of this Bush can help control how your body digests or assimilates your sugar intake. The berries pack a powerful antioxidant punch thanks to phenols that help neutralize damaging free radicals.
• Studies suggest that the antioxidants in white mulberry may help protect the heart against damage from some toxins.
• The berries are a great source of protein.
• The impressive amount of fiber found in mulberries can help lower your cholesterol and regulate your digestion.
• Watching your weight? No need to worry- mulberries have no saturated fat.
• The white mulberry leaves are under research as they may help prevent diabetes.
• A compound called 1-deoxynojirimycin (DNJ) found in mulberry leaves is thought to inhibit sugar digestion so that most of the sugar is not absorbed into the bloodstream and is instead naturally eliminated from the body.
• Studies suggest DNJ helps in preventing spikes in blood sugar.