- Milk thistle has been used for over 2,000 years as an herbal remedy. Milk thistle contains silymarin and silybin, powerful antioxidants that are crucial to liver detoxification, it also may help to regenerate liver cells, including those effected by alcohol. Silymarin is extracted from the seeds of the plant and is the active component that is responsible for all its health benefits. It is thought to be responsible for many of its beneficial effects, including liver and gallbladder protection with antioxidant, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Not only has silymarin been found to increase glutathione (a powerful antioxidant).
- Turmeric is a culinary spice that comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant. It is part of the ginger family and was used in Asia for thousands of years before making its way to the U.S. Scientists have discovered that the curcumins in the turmeric are the source of its health benefits for your liver and overall health.
- Artichoke (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus) is a species of thistle. Studies have shown artichoke to aid liver, digestion, gallbladder, and heart, function.
- Milk Thistle with Artichoke & Turmeric helps regenerate your liver and protects and improves its function, so it can better carry out all its 500 important jobs, some of which include eliminating toxins from your body, regulating your glucose levels, storing vitamins, producing cholesterol, bile and vitamin D, and breaking down fats, proteins and carbohydrates to be used as energy.
- Turmeric provides 3 major health benefits for your liver and overall health. Turmeric attacks enzymes that are responsible for inflammation and pain, reducing stress on your liver and your overall body. Turmeric induces phase 2 detoxification enzymes to help your liver more easily break down and remove toxins and waste from your body Turmeric improves bile production and flow which aids in digestion, immunity and overall liver function.
- Artichoke contains luteolin which supports liver cell regeneration and liver tissue health. Artichoke also aids
- in bile flow which improves digestion, nutrient absorption and reduces the strain put on your liver.